Be a GREAT Guest This Holiday!
Lucky you! You've been invited to join someone at their home for the holiday! That means you don’t have to cook, clean, plan, shop or stress and just get to show up and be a GUEST. So what does it take to be a great guest and get invited back?
Here's a list of do’s and don’t from the party pro:
1. Ask your host if they want you to bring something. DO exactly as they ask, don’t improvise they are counting on you
2. Send a hand written note or even better, a forced bulb that will bloom in January
3. Sit where your host asks, there is a reason…don’t quibble
4. Bring a favorite holiday story that’s PG and remember to ask the person next to you what their favorite thing is about the holiday
5. If there are children, buy a holiday book (yes hardbound) and watch how happy it makes the adults
1. Don’t use your hosts kitchen to prepare the food you brought, bring it ready to go
2. Don’t bring cut flowers and then ask for a vase when you arrive, if you want to bring a spray of fresh flowers bring them in a vase or potted bulbs
3. Don’t tell R rated jokes in front of people you don’t know
4. Don’t get drunk and fall under the host, you will NOT be asked to return
5. Try everything on your plate (do not tell anyone about your food allergies or your gluten free diet, just avoid it if you think it’s going to kill you)
By the way, these are all reminders to me as I get ready to head to my sister's house tomorrow night for a holiday dinner. Thankfully, I have been asked back!
- TWPR is Sharing the Love All Month Long
- Holiday Cheer from TWPR
- Tasting, Testing & Traveling with TWPR
- Make Hay While the Sun Shines
- TWPR Summer Sizzlers
- TWPR Springs into Action!
- A Whole Lotta Love from TWPR
- Happy New Year from TWPR!!
- Grateful for great people and places
- Fall for Fun @ TWPR
- TWPR Climbs to New Heights